one idea at a time


Death of a Canton Dai Lo part deux will have to wait... for someone with more inspiration. I completely forgot the stuff we passed around in class, thinking it was a hallucination on my part. Anyhow, am following up on gnat's idea first.
Place: my bedroom, with the spoils - I claudius, and The once and future king, found in a school fair and an opportunity shop (second pic) respectively. I've decided to give TH White a try, and skipping chapter 2 on oblomov's advice. I Claudius sounds playboy librarian sexy, check out the blurb on the back: into the racy autobiography of clau-clau-claudius, the pitiful stammerer who was destined to become emperor in spite of himself, Graves (the author) packs the everlasting intrigues, the depravity, the bloody purges and mounting cruelty of the reigns of augustus and tiberius, soon to culminate in the deified insanity of caligula. caligula man, don't play play.
Libation: very gingery, non alcoholic ginger beer. This doesn't really count, because I consumed it during shopping and not reading.



1 Comments:
sorry! due to my shorterm memory lapses, i have given a big misinformation. the horrible part is actually the 2nd half of chp 1 to the 1st half of chp 2. things pick up after the wart meets king pellinore
Post a Comment
<< Home